Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Can a Website Have Too Much Information?

I frequent an electronics magazine website that currently does not want to load.  I end up receiving a message at the bottom about a "long running script".  This actually happens periodically with this specific website, although I have run into this problem at other sites as well.

So, the question becomes, is my computer too slow?  I am not currently having the issue with the other websites I visited today.  Does the website have too much information and graphics for a laptop to download?  Perhaps it is the server.  Whatever the cause it is frustrating and a good lesson to us that have websites like: http://www.electrotechnik.com.  I just checked and it loaded rather quickly, but maybe I just don't have enough information.

No comments:

Post a Comment