Thursday, February 28, 2013

Best Mexican Restaurants in Tucson

Our reader has requested that we do another tasting similar to that of last summer with Philly Cheese steaks in Philadelphia.  This time it will be Mexican restaurants in Tucson.  It is difficult to go wrong when looking for a good Mexican restaurant in Tucson, but I will list my 5 favorite below in, no particular order.

1)     Poco and Mom’s - they are known for their New Mexico style Mexican food.  They use green hatch peppers, which gives it a different taste than many of the other Tucson Mexican restaurants.  The venue is small and personal and they have a way of making you feel like family.

2)     El Charro Café -They are the oldest Mexican restaurant in Tucson and would win on ambiance.  The building they are located in is over 100 years old and is in a historic area near downtown where they age there beef on the roof in containers.  Since they have been in business for over 75 years, they must be onto something right.

3)     Rigo’s Mexican Restaurant - I was told about this place by a native of Tucson who worked at the hotel where I was staying.  He told me I would want to go to the one across the street when I saw it, but don’t, do to Rigo’s.  I am so glad I heeded his advice.  It is the one I most often frequent when I am in town visiting Arizona Capacitors, Inc.

4)     El Guero Canelo - This is hands down the best Sonora Hot Dog place in town.  Two of them are a meal.  This place got its start as a road side stand and now has multiple locations.  He has been featured on Man Versus Food.  FYI, I don’t recommend eating there right before boarding your plane……..just saying.

These are my favorites, but I look forward to finding more and updating the blog in the future.  There are no winners or losers here.  They are all great and I have eaten at eat of them many, many times.

2 comments:

  1. I wonderment why other professionals don't respond your website overmuch m happy I plant this. outback job application

    ReplyDelete
  2. These articles and blogs are certainly sufficient for me personally for a day. here

    ReplyDelete